Weekend escape! The Museum of Indian Arts & Culture and Native Treasures is partnering with two prominent and fabulous Santa Fe businesses, the Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder and the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, to provide a weekend getaway that is unbelievable! The package includes:
A three-night stay from Thursday, May 26, 2016 through Saturday, May 28, 2016 at the Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder Resort & Casino, named one of the Top Ten Native American owned hotels by USA Today’s 10Best, and home to the Buffalo Thunder Collection of Art, which includes hundreds of pieces of unique Native Americans art and sculpture, worth more than $2 million.
Or stay for three nights at the newly renovated Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, conveniently located within walking distance of Santa Fe’s best attractions and only a short walk to the Native Treasures events at the Santa Fe Community Convention Center.
The package also includes:
- A private tour of the remarkable collections of the Museum of Indian Arts & Culture, one of the premier repositories of Native art and material culture. Some noteworthy items in the collection include:
- Pottery by Nampejo, Dan Namingha’s great-great grandmother who was key in the revival of Hopi Pottery
- A belt buckled owned by the famed Chief Manuelito, a principal war chief of the Navajo (Diné) people
- A quiver for bows and arrows said to belong to the renowned Chiricahua Apache raider
- Two tickets to the Native Treasures Friday Night Benefit Party. The honoring ceremony for renowned artist Dan Namingha, the Native Treasures featured Artist will take place at this special VIP benefit party on Friday, May 27, from 5:30 – 7:30 pm, also at the Convention Center.
- Two Early Bird tickets to the Native Treasures show on Saturday, May 23, at 9 am
- Two New Mexico CulturePasses — access to 14 exceptional museums and historic monuments, including the Museum of Indian Arts & Culture, good for a 12-month period.
To book Buffalo Thunder, call 505-455-5555; to book at the Downtown Hilton, call (505) 988-2811 or click here. Mention Native Treasures to get your package.
–$598 plus tax, (Total value of package is more than $980)
– To book at Buffalo Thunder, call 505-455-5555
–To book at the Downtown Hilton Historic Plaza, call 505-988-2811 and ask for the Native Treasures package